Hi all! Sometimes the best way of overcoming a standstill / bottleneck/ slump in language learning is to remind yourself why you love the language and why you started learning in the first place! ^^ Here’s a 21 question tag that I came up with randomly while eating lunch. Here’s my answers!
1. Why Korean?
I happened to be watching a Korean drama (궁) when I first had the thought of picking up a foreign language.
2 . Daum or Naver (dictionary I mean)?
Daum! oops.. yeah I switched.
3. First website that you visit everyday?
After Hangukdrama you mean? ㅋㅋ Dramabeans
4. Best thing that happened to you? (related to learning Korean)
Being able to actually go to Korea and meeting so many new friends there!
5. Ever regretted learning Korean?
NEVER. I only regretted not learning it earlier!
6. Most common feedback/question you get when you say you are learning Korean?
So .. can you watched Korean dramas unsubbed? (I get this everytime)
ahh.. kpop crazy eh?
7. First Korean food that comes to your mind?
천원김밥 1,000won kimbab in the convenience stores
8. Most overrated Korean drama?
9. Most underrated Korean drama?
10.Latest milestone in learning Korean?
Finishing a Korean novel
11. Favorite Korean word / phrase?
꺼져. (get lost)
12. Name 3 people (fictional / real) who motivate / influence your Korean learning journey
King Sejong - One of my favorite things to do in Seoul is to sit in front of his monument at Gwanghwamun at night. Seeing the monument in real life is incredibly amazing (for me at least) 설레임 ❤
Hyunwoo Sun - he’s amazing as a language teacher and incredibly inspirational as a fellow language learner. His passion for languages is infectious ^^
Equinox - one of the first k-blogs that I read (around 2008). At that time I couldn’t imagine that I’ll ever have the chance to go to Korea, so I found the posts to be really amazing, informative and incredibly inspirational. Learned a lot about Korea from the blog and it made me motivated to study more to reach Equinox’s standard. Happy to have met the blogger in person a few years ago!
13. Secret ambition / goal (relating to Korean)
Interpret for Kang Dong Won ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ or somehow being able to work with him!
14. I want to sound like _____ when I speak Korean
Han Ye Seul / Im Soo Jung
15. Best compliment received (for Korean)
Oh.. so you aren’t actually Korean?!
16. When is the last time you sat down and study Korean?
A …. few weeks ago? ㅋㅋㅋ
17. Favorite textbook?
Yonsei Level 6. It has special meaning to me because it’s the textbook that I used for my first Korean lessons in Korea
18. Special people you met (online or otherwise) through Korean?
my best friends ❤ Happy that they share similar interests with me and accept my (sometimes bordering ridiculous) obsession with Korea/Korean
Online - all of you?
Special mentions go to Jeannie, Archana, Gillian, Amber ^^
19. How has learning Korean changed you / your life?
Definitely changed for the better. Learned to become less judgmental cos I experienced first hand how shitty it is to be judged ><
All my electronic devices are set to the Korean language
Changed my homepage from Google to Google Korea
Swear in Korean
20. Ever dreamt in Korean?
Yes. I’m more fluent in my dreams lol
21. Single best thing about learning Korean?
The joy of reading/listening/writing/speaking in a foreign language ❤
hehe now it’s your turn!! :D Feel free to do the tag on your blog (a link back will be appreciated - and so that I can read your posts too!) and tag other fellow k-learners!! If you do not have a blog, feel free to copy and paste the questions in the comment section, complete it and post it as a comment!
Not sure if it’s a fun tag or not, but hopefully it got you to reflect a little on your learning journey and find some motivation to continue loving Korean! ❤